A Test of Faith
How many times have you wished that you had enough faith to believe the unbelievable? How many times have you asked God for more faith? How many times have you desired to be an ultimate faith worker?
Most of us long to walk in the power of Faith without compromise. The funny thing is that we all get many opportunities to put faith to the test and pass. I bet there is a situation you are in right at this moment that probably has you worried. Am I right? It may even have you depressed and second guessing God about it, even though you’ve asked Him to help you with it many times.
We are creatures of habit. You want better. You want change. You want something different. You want the miraculous. But, even though you know about and long for deep faith, when a situation occurs, you fall back on your default of handling things in a usual and familiar way. You go back to biting your nails, worrying, getting depressed, fearing the worst to happen, and giving yourself a headache.
But what if this time could be different? What if this time, you put your deep faith into action? What if this time, you allowed the miraculous testimony of God to happen without trying to control it?
I want you to take a situation you’re going through currently and promise The Lord you will activate deep faith.
Okay. So now that you’ve made the promise, I’m going to help you with how to activate your faith and what that looks like.
Here’s what I need you to do:
1. Pray – If you haven’t already prayed about it, pray about it. Here’s a clue. To be more effective in your prayer be very specific about what you want. The more specific you are the better.
2. Go on a Fast – Choose a time to fast for this specific situation. It can range from a few hours of a day to a few days. How much time you spend fasting is totally up to you, keeping your own personal health in mind.
3. Bring Jesus into your NOW – When you’re worried about a situation, it takes up a lot of mind space. It’s constantly on your mind. When you find yourself filling your mind with doubt and fear, let your NOW moment take over. Think about the promise you made to The Lord and fall back on all the times He’s come through for you. Next, magnify the moment you’re in at the time. What are you doing? Where are you? Who are you talking to? What should you be focusing on at the moment? Bring yourself into the present and not the future.
4. Stay Positive – Don’t complain or speak negatively in a way that shows unbelief. Instead, thank God for the achieved end result.
5. Speak Life – When people ask you how you’re doing or about the situation, tell them that everything is good and that you have great expectations of what God is doing.
6. Make plans – Plan around the situation. Once your prayer is answered what will you be able to do? Plan for it now.
7. Be confident – Know you will survive. Things tend to look worst when the unknown is at hand. However, how many times have you felt so much better once you finally got your answer or got through your situation? Rest assured that you will be okay no matter what, knowing the answer is already available to God. You’re just waiting for Him to tell you. Even if time looks to be of the essence, be patient in your trust of Him. Don't watch the clock, watch God's presence.
Where are you fighting faith? It’s the greatest test with the ultimate reward. Imagine never having to worry or fear, surrendering all your needs to God, seeing miracles take place daily. Imagine handing every troublesome and problematic situation this way. The Holy Spirit will move through you like lightening unlike ever before. He’s looking to use a beautiful vessel just like you to come through.
The Lord is looking for some Power Faith Walkers to heal the land. Are you one of them?
If you take on this Test, I want to hear from you about your experience once God answers you ;)
Hebrews 11:1 “Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.”